Sunday, August 3, 2008

The best part of this exercise was browsing through the flickr photos and finding all sorts of inspiring pictures. The hard part was limiting it to eight for the mosaic I wanted to create. I originally wanted to display ten photos but two of them weren't available for public use. I'm grateful that the other eight photographers are generous with the use of their photos. Being a novice crocheter I can't believe what some people achieve with wool and a hook - quite different to the peggy squares that I feel so proud of producing. My crocheting highlight has been crocheting a plain square in cream that has ten bobbles crocheted onto it in varying shades of purple. The blanket that I'm making is predominantly purples but a few reds have crept in, I thought it was going to be a knee rug but my daughter has requested a queen size blanket. I need 100 squares and have now done 80 but the majority of them are knitted with only a few crocheted. I'll count and see how many are crocheted.

3 comments:

Smiler said...

Gretel has perused and rather likes the headgear in the top right mosaic. Where can pattern be obtained?

Zipperty-doo-dah said...

Well isn't it fortunate that I'm learning to crochet, I'll be able to churn them out in no time....

craftwoman said...

Keep up the crocheting. I have been doing it all my life.
I love the mosaic that you have made.
craftwoman