Monday, September 15, 2008

My Space


Crochet Mouse
Originally uploaded by The House of Mouse
It was interesting to see how other libraries have used My Space. We are keen to utilise this tool for our Teenage borrowers. I think it seems non-threatening to borrowers who may feel self-concious or intimidated about coming into a library.
My main concern if we do offer My Space to our borrowers is that we need sufficent staff to keep the site up to date. We currently struggle to keep up to date with recent book reviews on our kids pages so it isn't a service that we would be able to offer confidently. Hopefully with the appointment of a web team in the near future this could be an option.

1 comment:

Aunty of 3 said...

I absolutely agree with your comments. The success of introducing social networking aspects to our library website will be totally reliant on having the right staff working constantly on keeping things fresh and up-to-date...along with 'buy in' from the targeted audience.